Unless you have an electrician in the family, typically you do not think about electricians in Charleston, SC until an emergency happens and you need one. Electricity is something that we take for granted until we lose it. It is important in our daily lives and for so many other different activities. We are so entwined with it, that if we did not have it, today’s society would come to a grinding halt. Of course we want an electrician to provide a range of electrical services that will enhance our homes or comfort, however, few of us actually have an understanding on the exact roles of electricians and the details of the work behind it. Below are ten facts about electricians in Charleston, SC.
- Master Electricians – Did you know that in order for an electrician to be considered a master electrician they must train almost as long as doctors do? In the extremely dangerous field of electrical work, there is very little room for error. Electricians in Charleston, SC who have become master electricians have been training for years in classrooms and hands-on experience. After their completion of apprenticeship and becoming a licensed electrician, they still need to work in the field for a minimum of 3 years before they can apply to be a master electrician.
- Color Testing – Electricians in Charleston, SC, believe it or not must be able to pass a color test. Not very many people know this, but in order to work in the electrical field, color vision is critical. Many times, the only sure fire way to tell the difference between multiple types of electrical wiring is the use of a color-coded system, and without color vision, a person working with electrical wiring could make a very fatal miscalculation.
- Specialties – Much like doctors, electricians in Charleston, SC also specialize in various areas within the field. For the most part, most electricians are specialists in electrical engineering or maintenance, but a good many of them are expanding into both fields. Electricians also specialize in residential, commercial, industrial, or outdoor electrical work. However, many electricians will be quite confident in working in more than one of these areas within their field.
- Celebrity Electricians – Many electricians possess multiple talents, like most people. Some electricians in the past used their talents and went on to very different careers. Elvis Presley for example, began training to be an electrician. The former Rowan Atkinson, more famously known as Mr. Bean, had a master’s degree in electrical engineering that he obtained at The Queen’s College, Oxfort and Alfred. Even George Harrison from The Beatles was also an apprentice electrician.
- Safety Professionals – Electricians in Charleston, SC are also safety professionals. Part of the work an electrician is to carry out are safety checks. Life threatening dangers with electricity are real and that is why there are multiple safety regulations in regards to working around electricity that electricians must know.
- Problem Solving – A big part of an electrician’s job is to identify diagnose and evaluate. Quite often, problems are not always readily visible and this is one reason as to why electricians take advantage of many diagnostic tools. Electricians must be able to readily read blueprints, technical schematics and with that comes a good understanding of mathematics also.
- Functionality – Electricians in Charleston, SC have a wide range of functions that they perform. Wiring and re-wiring is the most common ones we all think of, but electricians also do upkeep through inspecting electrical programs and rectifying problems which is critical work of electrical engineers. Electricians also test, mount, work with climate control devices, and even security systems.
- Skills – Electricians have multiple skills and proficiencies, but they also must be great at:
- Examination and interpretation of blueprints
- Planning and execution of projects
- The ability to make use of many tools
- Critical and logical thinking
- Superb hand and eye coordination
- Working with their hands
About Mister Sparkey in Charleston, South Carolina
Mister Sparky was founded in 1996 in Atlanta, Georgia. This location is now one of the leading residential electrical service and repair companies in the entire Eastern United States and it is also one of the biggest nationwide. Our name, “Mister Sparky”, comes from the term “sparky” or sparks,” which is a common nickname for electricians from the founder Patrick Kennedy’s native country, Ireland. Mister Sparky has an impeccable record for delivering fast, on-time service, accurate upfront pricing and an overall pleasant experience for customers who need electricians in Charleston, SC and surrounding areas.
At Mister Sparky we differentiate ourselves from all other electrical repair and service companies by our unique message: Mister Sparky – “America’s On-Time Electrician.” Out mottos is, We’re On Time, You’ll See, Or The Repair is Free. And we mean it. In fact, Mister Sparky is the “On-Time” contractors in the electrical field and we champion it in the marketplace nationwide. Mister Sparky has over 86 locations nationwide and growing every year. Over the years we have provided superior electricians in Charleston, SC and surrounding areas. With honest and professional service that simply gets the job done, time after time again.
No matter what type of electrical problem you may have if you need electricians in Charleston, SC, you can count on Mister Sparky to deliver superior results. Mister Sparky’s electricians are well-trained to resolve any electrical problem in a prompt, professional and accurate manner. If you need electricians in Charleston, SC, then give Mister Sparky a call today to get rid of your electrical problems with effective and trusted measures.