Most of your electrical system is hidden behind the walls and above the ceiling. Of all the parts that you can see, the fixtures have the biggest effect on your home’s appearance. Upgrading your interior and exterior lighting has aesthetic and practical benefits, and it can increase your home’s resale value if you decide to move. Check out some of the possibilities.
Interior Lighting Upgrades
New fixtures make your home more livable, usable and attractive. They can also lower your energy bills. Here are a few areas that benefit most.
- Ceiling fans are nice to have, but they often appear dated. Look for new Energy Star-qualified models that have a sleek design and are 40 percent more efficient.
- Use LED undercabinet and under-counter lighting to refresh your kitchen while adding valuable task lighting.
- Can ceiling lighting provides direct and indirect illumination that makes rooms feel larger. Plus, fixtures can be paired with dimmers and eyeball covers.
- Install new vanity lights to give your bathroom a cost-effective makeover. These hardworking fixtures are exposed to moisture and may benefit from periodic updates.
Landscape Lighting and Exterior Upgrades
Outdoor lighting can dramatically improve your home’s curb appeal as well as your family’s security. Successful designs typically use a combination of high- and low-voltage fixtures to achieve different effects.
- High-voltage floods provide increased security and valuable lighting for high-traffic areas. They can also illuminate architectural features and Charleston’s famous palmettos.
- Low-voltage landscape lighting is ideal for illuminating walkways, patios and outdoor areas while providing a pleasant ambiance.
- New porch lights can amp up your home’s curb appeal. This project requires a minimal investment, and it delivers high-impact rewards.
Update your home by investing in decorative, energy-efficient lighting solutions designed for the 21st century. If you’re tired of looking at ugly, outdated fixtures or using lights that aren’t adequate for the job, call Mister Sparky at (843) 258-4668 to discuss your project with our licensed electricians. You can find more information about our lighting services online.